Klarna One Page Checkout (Primary Payment Gateway)
Use the Klarna One Page Checkout to offer a simple and smooth checkout experience
Released: 16/09/2020Contact Us
Founded in 2005, Klarna is now one of Europe’s largest banks, providing payment solutions for 85 million consumers across 205,000 merchants in 17 countries.
Klarna’s One Page checkout is designed to create the best online experience for your customers. The steps required to checkout are reduced, returning Klarna users will be identified and have their details pre-populated (even if they have never been on your site before) meaning it is possible to checkout with just one click. Klarna offers direct payments, pay after delivery options and instalment plans in a smooth one-click purchase experience that lets consumers pay when and how they prefer to.
Whilst the one-page checkout is a guest checkout, there is an option to log in so that users can still make use of gift voucher and loyalty points functionality where applicable.
**Benefits of Klarna One Page Checkout include:**
* Conversion: With pre-filled info for returning customers and single-tap payments, shopping has never been easier. The simple and constantly optimised checkout flow will make fewer people drop off.
* Average order value: With payment options for shoppers to spread the cost of their order, along with Klarna’s full buyer’s protection, shoppers get more security and spending power. Large orders become less scary.
* Minimise the risk: Klarna takes the full credit and fraud risk on all purchases for you, for all payment methods. Even when a customer makes a return, they will cover the chargeback cost.
To understand which of Klarna’s payment options you can offer on your site, you will need to speak to Klarna. however, the integration allows for the following;
* Card - Visa/Mastercard/Amex (Amex can be used as a standalone card payment only).
* Pay Later - 14 or 30 days.
* Pay in 3 Instalments - Three interest-free monthly instalments.
* Financing - For bigger purchases. This allows monthly payments ranging between 6-36 months.
Klarna On-Site Messaging (OSM) is included as part of this integration, therefore you will need to provide us with the installation code before we can progress your request. You will get this information from within the Klarna Portal. The details for OSM can be found here;
For order management, once integrated you will see a new Klarna tab within your orders screen. It is within this tab that you will manage captures, refunds and cancel orders.
A capture occurs when a product is dispatched which in turn sends a notification to Klarna’s app and lets the customer know when their items have been shipped. Captures are dispatched to Klarna as an end of day process which will start the cycle for when Klarna pays you.
We will provide a document pre go-live explaining how to use the new Klarna tab.
Some considerations to make before proceeding:
* As this is a one page checkout, the steps are reduced meaning there are some limitations that we would recommend discussing with your Visualsoft Strategist before you proceed, the key points are;
* Analytics - As this is a one page checkout, recording of drop off points is limited in analytics as everything is hosted on the one page. You will still be able to view standard information such as orders, average order value etc.
* Courier Functionality -This feature doesn’t currently work with GFS Checkout, Collect Plus or multiple collect in-store locations.
**Offline Orders - Moto**
Offline order functionality (moto) is available with this feature, however, Klarna will send 3DS requests to the user and it is unlikely the user will want to share their details over the phone. There are some workarounds to this issue;
1 - Klarna Merchant Seller App.
This app allows the telephone agent to create the order and send a link to the customer. No 3DS request will be sent. Whilst this does not link up with stock directly in the VS Admin, the orders created within the merchant seller app can be manually exported and imported into Visualsoft. This will allow for updates to stock, but may lead to oversells if too long is left between imports of orders.
2 - Alternative payment gateway for offline orders.
Whilst you can only have one primary payment gateway on the front end of your website, it is possible to use Klarna for web-only orders and an alternative payment gateway (Barclaycard, Opayo, Checkout, Ingenico, World Pay, Trusted Payments) for your offline orders. This will ensure your stock is up to date, but it will mean that you will need two payment gateways in place.
For B2B customers, Klarna’s functionality is limited to card transactions. Whilst they may see the other payment options, they will be unable to checkout with any method other than card.
To enable this feature, you need a relevant account with Klarna and are responsible for all ongoing/associated fees.
Your store can only be integrated with one primary payment gateway at any time.
We will only schedule integrations once all ID & Verification checks have been completed with Klarna. In order to proceed, please complete the required information section.
This feature is incompatible with the following feature(s):
- Authorize.net Integration (Primary Payment Gateway)
- Barclaycard ePDQ Integration (Primary Payment Gateway)
- Checkout.com (Primary Payment Gateway)
- Courier Integration - Collect+
- Courier Integration - Collect+ (via Metapack)
- GFS - Checkout Solution (Only available with VS Ship)
- Ingenico Checkout Integration (Primary Payment Gateway)
- Klarna Checkout Integration (Primary Payment Gateway)
- Product Restrictions
- Subscriptions & Recurring Payments
- WorldPay Business Integration (Primary Payment Gateway)
- WorldPay Online Payments (Primary Payment Gateway)
- Pre-Order System (Deposit)
- Trust Payments Integration (Primary Payment Gateway)
Accept recurring payments for repeat orders on your store if you offer subscription boxes and/or frequent-use products.
Take payment from all major payment methods, and benefit from industry-leading platform reliability.