Visualsoft’s eCommerce platform - which powers over 1,200 online stores - is integrated with the world’s biggest marketplaces which means our clients can sell via their own store, eBay, Amazon, and multiple other channels, all through one online management system.
We’re ready to take this success to the next level, so we’re looking for a skilled, ambitious developer to join our Multi-Channel Team and play an important part in the future of our eCommerce ecosystem.
As part of the role, you’ll be using Laravel and Vue to build an exciting new solution that will enable online retailers to quickly and easily sell across an even wider range of marketplaces, with greater functionality and increased automation. You’ll also be working with a knowledgeable, experienced and supportive team in our prestigious Grey Street workspace.
As well as a competitive salary, flexible working and unlimited holidays, this role gives you the opportunity to build your knowledge and skills, discover and work with new tech, and be part of an agile team that has decades of experience in product development, design and management.
If you’re a midweight or senior developer looking for a new role that’s challenging and rewarding, we'd love to tell you more about our plans and find out how you can help us realise them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to the conception, development and delivery of key Multi-Channel projects
- Writing robust, elegant and efficient code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery (and learn other languages and frameworks if required)
- Acting as the chief developer on large scale projects where required (with support from Team Lead)
- Collaborating with Multi-Channel team members (and other departments where applicable) to proactively enrich our platform and tools
- Producing documentation (including technical specifications, setup guidance and user instructions where required)
- Adhering to our established development processes, procedures and standards
- Completing assigned tasks on time and on spec
- Contributing to technical discussions, decisions and Multi-Channel strategies
- Carrying out regular, relevant research in new tech and approaches, and sharing findings/insights across the team
- Shadowing Team Lead and providing cover in their absence if needed
- Achieving KPIs assigned to role
What you need to have:
- Experience in developing with modern PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Lumen etc.
- Commercial experience in developing scalable RESTful APIs
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP, MySQL and Linux
- Experience with - or aptitude/willingness to learn - OAuth, Redis, VueJS, Elastic Search, Nginx.
- Prior experience using Git
- Higher level education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience
- Commercial experience of eCommerce platforms such as Magento, Open Cart, etc (preferred, but not essential)
- Knowledge/use of eCommerce-related APIs and services (preferred, but not essential)
What we've got to offer:
- An excellent and competitive salary, with great progression options
- Your choice of the dark or light side of the force..... Mac or PC, of course!
- A great working environment at our centrally-located and stunning Newcastle office
- Unlimited holidays (no, that's not a typo!)
- Flexible working options to give you a great work-life balance
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit and tea & coffee
- Cycle-to-work scheme & discounted gym memberships
- Friday beers (or soft drinks for anyone who doesn't drink!)
- Pension contributions to help you save for the future
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you. A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to apply:
Fill out the form and add your current CV and salary expectation.
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £2000 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty! **