We’re looking for a mid-weight or senior developer to join our R&D team.
Working with Lumen & Laravel, you'll help us to evolve and expand our proven e-commerce platform.
We're advocates of efficient code, functional design and frictionless user experience, with a firm belief that companies must 'innovate or die'. The perfect candidate should share those values and be a team-player, as we tackle all projects together and frequently collaborate with stakeholders.
As well as a competitive salary, flexible working, great office environments and unlimited holidays, this role gives you the opportunity to build your knowledge and skills, discover and work with new technologies and be part of an agile team that has decades of experience in product development, design and management.
If you are a midweight or senior developer looking for a new role that’s both challenging and rewarding, we'd love to tell you more about our plans and find out how you can help us realise them.
Either apply online, or get in contact with us for an informal chat if you have any further questions.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the role include:
- Working on our E-commerce API project, using Lumen & Laravel
- Building API endpoints that expose and process e-commerce data, which both mirror and improve on existing process flows
- Writing OpenAPI specifications to contribute to both internal and external documentation
- Writing various tests to support your code contributions
- Evaluating and implementing platform changes to better support an API-centric approach
- Collaborating with R&D team members (and other departments where applicable) to proactively enrich the API tooling and integration, as well as your own skills and development
- Getting involved with technical (and non-technical) discussions, decisions and R&D strategies
- Use sector-leading tools such as PHPStorm, Github, Docker etc. to support you in your work
- Carrying out regular, relevant research in new tech and approaches, and sharing findings/insights across the team
What you should have:
- Experience in developing with modern PHP frameworks - Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, etc.
- Efficient SQL query skills
- A willingness to learn new technologies
- Prior experience using Git
- Higher level education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional or open-source experience (ideally 3 or more years)
- An enthusiasm and passion for development and creating great software and user experiences
- Knowledge/use of e-commerce APIs or services
- Experience in writing software Tests
What would be nice-to-have, but not essential:
- Commercial experience in developing scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience in DevOps related areas such as CI/CD, container-based hosting, Docker or Kubernetes
- Ability to produce efficient and well targeted Tests
- Good writing skills to produce clear (and detailed!) software documentation
- Knowledge of the OpenAPI and JSON API specifications and validation tooling
- Any experience with modern design patterns, OAuth, domain driven design and anything else that can make for a fantastic piece of software!
- Prior experience of e-commerce platforms (either bespoke/self-built, or off-the-shelf options)
Benefits of the role:
- An excellent and competitive salary, with great progression options
- Your choice of the dark or light side of the force..... Mac or PC, of course!
- A PHPStorm licence so you have the option of one of the best tools for PHP developers available
- An account on our Laracasts.com Team, in order to further your own knowledge
- A great working environment; either in our newly-renovated Stockton HQ or our centrally-located and stunning Newcastle office
- Unlimited holidays (no, that's not a typo!)
- Flexible working options to give you a great work-life balance
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit and tea & coffee
- Cycle-to-work scheme & discounted gym memberships
- Friday beers (or soft drinks for anyone who doesn't drink!)
- Pension contributions to help you save for the future
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
Just a little formality… by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to apply:
Fill out the form and add your current CV and salary expectation.
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates.
If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £2000
Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!