We’re currently looking for skilled PHP Developers to expand our existing Support Engineering team and help us support and grow our existing eCommerce platform. We need problem-solvers, so the ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues is essential (whether working alone or as part of a team effort), as well as strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Reporting into the Lead Support Engineer, you’ll be expected to provide support to our existing customers, our clients are at the centre of everything we do and we expect nothing short of service excellence.
The ideal candidate must have an impeccable understanding of object oriented PHP within various MVC frameworks and advanced experience in MySQL and database design. As a minimum requirement you will need five years of commercial experience within eCommerce.
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits (including a pension scheme, unlimited holidays, flexitime, flexible working, free breakfasts, subsidised gym membership, free protein shakes, company nights out and free branded clothing) so if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting existing and new developments
- Identifying and suggesting upon key areas of improvement throughout the systems
- Sharing knowledge & experience with other departments
- Communicating directly with clients & 3rd parties to help resolve technical issues
What we need to see:
- Excellent understanding of OOP PHP development
- Advanced experience with MySQL and database design
- Use of various MVC Frameworks
- Ability to solve complex tasks
- Prior experience using git
- Passionate about development
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate to peers
- Ability to work to set timescales
- Happy and confident to work as part of a team but also as an individual
- Able to find answers on our own but also know when you need to ask questions
- Commercial experience within eCommerce
What we've got to offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
A little formality… by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to apply:
Fill out the form and add your current CV along with salary expectation and a cover letter. Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £2000 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!