We are looking for a Business Development Team Leader to be a part of our Lead Generation team. You will not only demonstrate excellent sales experience, but will be responsible for your own pod of Business Development Consultants (BDCs), to coach and develop in line with the company goals.
You will be responsible for the development and qualification of new business sales opportunities that are passed to the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to convert to business.
Proactively looking at ways to guide and motivate the team to help BDCs inform and educate prospects, your role is to ultimately persuade prospects to consider Visualsoft as a partner for their business. Working within the wider Sales Team, you will clearly understand that your role is the start of the sales process and a vital part in the overall success of the business.
Your role as BD Team Leader will be a key role within the Sales Team, being a forward facing sales professional focussing on New Business opportunity qualifying only. We are looking for someone who has a positive personality and the ability to spot new business opportunities.
You will work within a specific sector, which you will be expected to become an expert in.
You will take an interest in learning about your clients, and how you can use knowledge gained to pursuade prospects during discovery phonecalls, that Visualsoft is the best provider for their eCommerce platform and digital marketing.
What you'll be doing
- Identify key strategic prospects for Visualsoft to partner with
- Research the prospect to have relevant and meaningful conversations with them
- Master telephone discovery conversations with prospects
- Nurture and develop relationships with prospects until a time that is live opportunity is identified
- Use industry knowledge to spot and maximise any opportunity to bring on new business
- Work to targets and set KPIs on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Work with partners to gain introductions to prospects
- Work with the wider Sales Team of BDMs to help achieve the overall Sales Team target
- Be a point of contact for the new business team with regards to new client pitches and tender processes.
- Take part in training and coaching of BDCs from calls, videos, LinkedIn, email and networking
- A Business Development Team Lead may be asked to deputise in the absence of the Head of Sales Development.
What we need to see
- Experience of team leadership
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar Sales Development role.
- A proven track record of achieving individual and team targets
- Keen to learn, to coach, and to be coached
- Strong workload management and prioritisation skills
- Well presented, well-spoken, articulate and professional
- Determined, driven and willing to learn
- Team player
- Knowledge or appreciation of eCommerce.
- Previous experience of using a CRM system.
What we’ve got to offer
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
- VS Perks, have a monthly treat on us; from Amazon vouchers, Playstation credits, Birchbox to Just Eat there's something for everyone!
- Free breakfast, fruit, hot and cold drinks & protein shakes
- Friday afternoon drinks - wind down for the weekend with a choice of soft and alcoholic drinks
- Pension scheme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
How to apply Fill out the form and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £1000 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!