We’re looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to expand our existing System Admin team based in Stockton on Tees.
Reporting into the Systems Administration Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for performing system administration tasks on VS controlled systems, using privileged access to systems and data for the benefit of the company, colleagues and clients. Our colleagues and clients are at the centre of everything we do and we expect nothing short of service excellence.
The ideal candidate must have good Linux knowledge and experience of MySQL, or similar databases. Bash shell and virtualisation experience. This is a fast paced multi-faceted, collaborative role therefore strong communication and workload management and prioritisation skills are key. As a minimum requirement you will need at least three years of experience in a similar role.
Sound good? Discover more and apply today...
What you’ll be doing:
As a Systems Adminstrator you will be responsible for ensuring the administration of the department is up to date and running smoothly.
Key duties and responsibilities include;
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Provide support to clients (directly or indirectly) via the support ticket system
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
- Develop code/practices for automation and removal of manual administration tasks
- Support containerisation & orchestration efforts
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide commercial advantage in a global marketplace
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
What we need to see:
The Visualsoft team is the perfect combination, if you ask us. Team members are talented, ambitious, motivated, expert and a whole lot of fun, and we want someone who can join the team and be part of our fantastic culture.
There are also a few prerequisites of this particular role:
- At least 3 years experience working in/with a data centre based production environment
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Experience of MySQL and/or SQL-like databases
- Bash shell (use of and scripting)
- Virtualisation experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong workload management and prioritisation skills
- Determined, driven and willing to learn
Desirable, but not essential:
- Coding experience in PHP or GoLang
- Knowledge of Docker/containers
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- VMware (enterprise level)
- Linux KVM/libvirt
- A desire to learn/develop DevOps/automation/K8s
What we've got to offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
- VS Perks, have a monthly treat on us; from Amazon vouchers, Playstation credits, Birchbox to Just Eat there's something for everyone!
- Free breakfast, fruit, hot and cold drinks & protein shakes
- Friday afternoon drinks - wind down for the weekend with a choice of soft and alcoholic drinks
- Pension scheme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you. A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £250 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!