We're on the looking for an ambitious SEO Manager to join our rapidly growing team in Central Manchester. This position is ideal for a self-motivated marketer looking to make a big impact in a fast-paced environment.
Key to success in the role is prior experience implementing SEO strategies, leading SEO projects, and cutting-edge practical knowledge of optimisation techniques that actually work.
The ideal candidate would also have the ability to work autonomously and possess a forward-thinking view of their discipline. As part of the strategy team, you will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of SEO strategies across a wide range of clients, ensuring performance is constantly achieved & if not, being able to challenge & implement new strategies & techniques to ensure that clients gain full value from Visualsoft. The role is also client facing, so a large degree of experience is required to ensure our values are adhered to.
You must also be comfortable tackling problems with data and thrive alongside the Senior SEO team in developing the team process. Progress is at the heart of what we do, so we ultimately need people who can organise projects, have a bias for action and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty. Sound good? Discover more and apply today…
What you'll be doing
This position will involve day to day management of a number of projects, with responsibility for a set number of clients, particularly higher level Enterprise clients, including comms and reporting. The role will involve working with members of the SEO team and marketing department to meet client KPIs, with management duties for the SEO strategy team.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Define requirements and drive strategic direction on allocated projects, delivering quarterly client plans.
- More involvement in higher level Enterprise clients (inc. international projects).
- Work closely with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to provide diverse approaches covering multiple aspects of SEO as a discipline.
- Line management duties for members of the SEO strategy team, including training and regular reviews.
- Working closely with the Senior SEO team & Head of SEO to review team performance and manage SEO project allocations.
- Support on sales proposals and recommendations.
- Day-to-day project management of planned tasks for specific clients.
- Ongoing client communication regarding updates and account progress.
- Collaborative delegation of work to appropriate members in sub-teams.
- Delivery work on tasks defined in plans where required.
- Tracking, reporting and providing detailed analysis on project performance.
What we need to see
The Visualsoft team is the perfect combination if you ask us. Team members are talented, ambitious, motivated, expert and a whole lot of fun, and we want someone who can join the team and be part of our fantastic culture.
This role requires someone with good organisational and planning skills, as this is key to delivering a clear and effective SEO strategy. Ability to manage a team effectively and work closely with senior members of the team is key; experience within SEO and other marketing channels, and willingness to self learn is also crucial to developing.
Key competencies for the role also include:
- Current knowledge of all key industry news and algorithm changes
- Knowledge of relevant web technologies such as HTML and CSS
- Understanding of key technical SEO concepts (indexation, duplication, site architecture, page speed)
- Detailed understanding of content strategy and how to create content that attracts a qualified audience
- Good grasp of wider SEO elements (local SEO, international etc.)
- Thorough understanding of tools relevant to the role e.g. Searchmetrics, Ahrefs, Majestic, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager etc.
- A detailed understanding of how marketing decisions affect the commercial elements of a client’s business Cross-discipline understanding.
- Awareness of how an individual specialism interacts with other channels
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to foster strong relationships at all levels.
Desirable qualities include:
- Experience in managing and training a team.
What we’ve got to offer: We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Bupa Employee Assistance Programme
- VS Perks, have a monthly treat on us; from Amazon vouchers, Playstation credits, Birchbox to Just Eat there's something for everyone!
- Free breakfast, fruit, hot and cold drinks & protein shakes
- Friday afternoon drinks - wind down for the weekend with a choice of soft and alcoholic drinks
- Pension scheme
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you’re the perfect fit for our team!
Sound interesting? Apply today.....
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £250 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty!