We're looking for an experienced and outcome-driven PHP Developer to join our recently established Mobile App Team, which is currently building a powerful cross-platform app solution for online retailers.
In addition to helping us enrich our app solution with a multitude of eCommerce features, you’ll be developing an API-first, standalone CRM that will include its own app designer tool, enabling retailers to sign-up, create, and manage their apps directly.
Reporting directly to our Lead Mobile App Developer, you’ll also be working closely with our Optimisation Team, as well as our CTO and Head of Platform, making this an ideal role for someone keen to build their career within the field of product development.
The role would suit a midweight or senior Developer with commercial experience in mobile development or a demonstrable strong understanding of mobile frameworks and app languages.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing robust, elegant and efficient code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery, and learning/adopting other languages and frameworks as required
- Ensuring that all team-owned functionality is as performant as possible
- Contributing to the conception, development and delivery of new and improved functionality
- Supporting and maintaining team-owned functionality (including identifying and resolving issues)
- Liaising with clients and other stakeholders where required
- Ensuring the timely delivery of the team’s roadmap
- Acting as the primary developer on projects where required (with support from Team Lead)
- Collaborating with stakeholders to proactively enrich our software products
- Producing outstanding documentation (including specifications, setup guidance and user instructions)
- Adhering to our established development processes, procedures and standards
- Contributing to technical discussions, decisions and platform strategies
- Researching new tech, approaches and user-behaviour relevant to the team focus area
- Shadowing the Team Lead and providing cover in their absence
- Achieving Objectives (and Key Results) assigned to the team and its projects
What you need to have:
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Linux and APC
- Experience of cross-platform mobile app frameworks and languages, such as Cordova/Ionic/AngularJS/Node.js
- Commercial experience of MVC architecture and modern PHP frameworks
- Minimum of 2 years’ commercial development experience
- Experience with Laravel and/or Lumen
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain complex projects, requirements and issues in clear, non-technical terms
- Proven commitment to improving efficiency, performance and outcomes
- An understanding of the Visualsoft values and how they apply to your role
Benefits of the role:
- An excellent and competitive salary, with great progression options
- Your choice of the dark or light side of the force..... Mac or PC, of course!
- A great working environment at our centrally-located and stunning Newcastle office
- Unlimited holidays (no, that's not a typo!)
- Flexible working options to give you a great work-life balance
- Free breakfasts, fresh fruit and tea & coffee
- Cycle-to-work scheme & discounted gym memberships
- Friday beers (or soft drinks for anyone who doesn't drink!)
- Pension contributions to help you save for the future
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading eCommerce providers, we’d love to hear from you. Just a little formality… by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to apply:
Fill out the form and add your current CV and salary expectation.
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don’t hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Talent Hunter Referral Bounty - £2000 Help us find the right talent to join our team, and get a handsome reward in return. It couldn’t be easier - if you know someone that could be an ideal candidate, either refer them directly to us or simply ask them to include your details as the referer when they apply. If they land the job with us as a direct result of your referral, you get the bounty! **