We’re looking for meticulous testers to join our growing Platform department, and help us deliver world-class products and features. As part of the role, you’ll be testing a healthy pipeline of eCommerce projects including web based applications, RESTful APIs and mobile applications in a fast paced agile environment. You’ll also lead on the design and implementation of robust quality assurance processes, ensuring our development teams adhere to the highest possible standards.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced tester, strong communicator, and keen to collaborate with high-performing teams to deliver incredible results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing and maintaining test plans for use with automated testing tools
- Preparing the test deliverables including test plans, test data and test scripts to execute the tests against each software component and demonstrate the business conditions under test and the expected results
- Managing the prioritisation and reporting of defects to the development teams and ensuring development work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
- Providing assistance to the development teams during all stages of the software release process
- Providing estimates and feedback and metrics relating to the test delivery phases to the teams for project scheduling purposes and report on test activities on a periodic and ad hoc basis
What you need to have:
- Proven Manual and Automated test experience, testing complex software applications
- Extensive knowledge of automation testing technologies such as Selenium and technologies such as Cucumber and Gherkin syntax
- Experience of using Behat testing framework (desirable but not essential)
- Experience using practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and BDD
- Ability to perform functional testing of software and record results in an appropriate, clear and concise format
- Experience writing test scripts and appropriately detailed test plans based on need, functional specifications and complexity.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Experience working within an AGILE environment
- ISEB / ISTQB certificate in software testing
- Experience of using industry standard tools such as JIRA
- Experience working in an eCommerce or related software environment (preferred but not essential)