We’re transforming our tech processes and we’re looking for confident Scrum Masters to play a crucial part in the journey and work closely with our high-performing product teams. You’ll help us launch new and enhanced products and features to improve the scope and performance of our powerful eCommerce platform, which powers over 1,000 online stores.
Reporting to our Agile Delivery Manager, you’ll work to improve team operations by executing Agile best practices, and helping us to embed behaviours and principles needed to drive a model of continuous delivery.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Scrum Master with a project management background, with a proven ability to drive performance and commitment to helping teams succeed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as Scrum Master for multiple development teams on a range of projects that will vary in scope and complexity
- Mentoring and executing agile best practices to optimise team performance
- Minimising distractions and external interference within the development teams, to enable team members to be more efficiently managed their tasks
- Providing support as and when required by the team
- Working in collaboration and promoting synergy between teams and leaders
- Liaising with other areas of the business, customers and external suppliers to ensure development teams have all the information they require to effectively deliver new functionality
- Ensuring that sufficient and appropriate estimations have been undertaken to create reliable release plans
- Working with Product Owners and team members to optimise product backlogs ready for development
- Working with teams on continual process improvement
- Facilitating all agile ceremonies (stand-ups, showcase, retrospectives etc) and ensuring that processes are adhered to
- Removing blockers with support from the Agile Delivery Manager and Head of Platform
What you need to have:
- Commercial experience as a Scrum Master within an Agile environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent understanding of Agile development and continuous improvement
- Understanding of metrics of incremental delivery
- Experience of planning complex agile developments that can be reliably communicated to stakeholders
- Knowledge/experience of industry standard tools such as JIRA
- Experience working in an eCommerce or related software environment (preferred but not essential)