Valentine’s Day is one of the most important days in the eCommerce calendar. Here are our top tips to help Jewellery retailers steal some hearts with their email marketing campaigns this Valentine’s Day. It’s important to remember to target your emails both to those looking for gifts for a loved one and those who would receive the gift, as they can give their partners a hint about a gift they would like to receive.
A recent study predicted that across the UK almost half a billion pounds will be spent on Valentine’s Day this year with men spending around £40 and women spending around £20. The study also predicted that spending would increase by 12% on last year so the opportunity to sell is huge!
Get ahead of the game
Get ahead of the game and begin sending your Valentine’s Day emails at the beginning of February! Firstly, give subscribers some advice about the gift to purchase for their loved one, showcasing gift guides can be useful and informative. We know that purchasing for a gift is a considered purchase, so the buyer may need to think about the item for a few days. The best way to aid them on their quest for the perfect gift is provide inspiration and make it as easy as possible for them.
Within this browsing time, email marketing can play a huge part in retaining the interest of the subscriber. Sending multiple emails can encourage them to come back and complete the purchase. It is important to keep your brand top of mind for subscribers over this period.
Stand out from the crowd
What makes your jewellery stand out? Make sure you showcase:
- The quality of your jewellery
- Your most loved brands
- Perfect gifts for him and her
- Gift wrapping and personalisation services if applicable
Take note of these top tips to make your emails stand out even more:
- Include gifs in your emails to grab attention
- Include countdown timers to instil urgency
- Use personalisation in subject lines and email content to give a more personal feel
- Use emojis to set your emails apart in the inbox – personally, we’re big fans of 💍 💝 💓 💖
Use your data!
To truly optimise the performance of your Valentine’s Day emails it’s best to send targeted, triggered emails to your subscriber base utilising the data you have gathered.
Here’s a few examples of how you can use your data this Valentine’s Day:
- Use preference form data to target those you know purchase from you as a gift.
- Use wish lists to allow partners to wish for your jewellery from their loved one. You can also encourage subscribers to forward your emails to their Valentine’s as a way of wishing for a specific gift.
- Send targeted content to non-purchasers to encourage them to make their first purchase this Valentine’s Day, promoting why your jewellery would be the perfect gift.
- You can send targeted content based upon purchases; for those who purchased a bracelet last Valentine’s Day, could you promote the charm to match the bracelet this year? For those who purchased a ring last year, you could promote a stackable ring to be worn together.
Cross channel collaboration
Using other marketing channels to compliment your email marketing campaigns can help see your results soar!
Maximise the potential of your Valentine’s Day campaign by promoting similar content on social media. You can also target your email subscribers on social media, send targeted posts to those who haven’t opened your emails letting them know that something is waiting in their inbox. This can help to instill urgency, as well as acting as a remarketing tool!
Don’t forget about the singles
Valentine’s Day isn’t just above giving to a loved one. The singles in your subscriber base may be encouraged to treat themselves this Valentine’s Day if you offer them a little incentive. This can be a great way to promote repeat or first time purchases.
Show your loyal subscribers some love
This season of love is the perfect time to let your most loyal subscribers know that their repeat custom has not gone unnoticed and you appreciate them. Celebrate their loyalty by offering them an extra incentive to allow them to either treat themselves or buy something for others.
What happens after Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day may be over, but don’t let the love die!
How have your Valentine’s Day emails performed and what can we learn? Email marketing is constantly evolving, so it’s important to keep ahead of the game. Make sure you analyse the performance of your emails to gain an insight into how best to engage with subscribers for other promotions throughout the year, plus next Valentine’s Day!
If you need any more advice or guidance about how to spread the love to your subscribers get in touch using email@example.com and find out how the email team at Visualsoft can help you.