R&D Front End Developer
We're looking for Front End Developers to help us deliver exciting, large-scale projects that will set us apart from our competitors. The role offers a great opportunity to explore and learn emerging technologies and techniques, improve your skills, increase your knowledge, and progress your career.
With guidance and support from our Front End Development Lead, you'll play a big part in making our roadmap plans a reality. Your day-to-day will involve strengthening platform performance, streamlining production practices, improving UX, and building our next generation of lightning-fast responsive wireframes with AMP/PWA technology.
If you want to be part of an agile, experienced, and expanding team, and you have the drive to push yourself and our platform forward, then we want to hear from you.
Department: Research & Development
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience + Visualsoft Benefits Package
Employment Basis: Full-time with the use of flexitime - KPIs will be used to measure outputs
Deadline: 31st March 2018
Referral Bounty: £500 ?
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain valid HTML and CSS mark-up
- Learn other relevant languages and/or frameworks where required
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Contribute to the spec, development, documentation and rollout of projects
- Contribute to architecture discussions, project reviews and roadmap plans
- Improve performance of our front end solutions
- Research and identify opportunities for innovation in relation to our platform and/or core business
What you need to have:
- Higher level education in relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
- Over 2 years' commercial experience using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of and ability to manipulate PHP and MySQL to your advantage
- Experience in delivering user-facing software
- Strong interest in UX principles
What we've got to offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who could do this job?
In order for you to refer someone to us (including yourself), we need to assign you a unique link. This link is then logged against your details, which we use for paying bounties on successful referral candidates.