Learning & Development Manager
We're on the lookout for an experienced Learning & Development Manager to drive the L&D agenda here at Visualsoft. This is a brand new role and a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be part of an award-winning digital agency and one of the top places to work in the North East - as certified by The Journal.
Responsible for the creation and delivery of training solutions, designed with with personal and business development in mind, the intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within an organisation, from induction right through to leadership development and beyond, including the implementation of Apprenticeships.
Drawing on your natural coaching style, you will work closely with our Head of People and senior management to design & develop training plans and frameworks, enhance processes, manage budgets and deliver results. Ideally the successful candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role, and will be comfortable with design and delivery of solutions.
A confident communicator & self starter, adept in a full range of learning techniques, you will possess the ability to build strong working relationships, and have a true passion to help drive the people strategy forward.
This is an opportunity to build a brand new learning & development function in this fantastic business. We really want someone that is passionate about what they do. This is a new role and you will be putting new processes in place and changing how we do things here.
It's a really exciting time here at Visualsoft as we approach our 20th year in business and embark on the next phase of our ambitious growth journey.
Sound good? Discover more and apply today...
Department: Human Resources
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 DOE + Visualsoft Benefits Package
Employment Basis: Full-time with the use of flexitime - KPIs will be used to measure outputs
Deadline: 28th February 2018
Referral Bounty: £250 ?
What you'll be doing
- Working across the business to identify training needs
- Creating training programmes that are aligned with the organisation's objectives
- Researching, conducting, and coordinating training
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, classroom sessions or coaching & mentoring
- Building relationships with 3rd party training providers and educational establishments
- Supporting with training new employees and managers on company policies and procedures.
- Supporting the talent management strategy, including creating an apprenticeship framework across the business
- Research, develop, review and deliver practical leading-edge Learning and Development material and solutions
- Rolling out and maintaining initiatives such as e-learning & video learning and launching them with a bang!
- In collaboration with our Brand team, design training & communication materials
What we need to see
The Visualsoft team is the perfect combination, if you ask us. Team members are talented, ambitious, motivated, expert and a whole lot of fun, and we want someone who can join the team and be part of our fantastic culture. We're looking for a brilliant individual who wants to succeed within an established business, challenge the conventional and inject new life into L&D.
Some other prerequisites of the role include:
- This role requires someone with good communication skills and who is keen to assist businesses to progress through its people
- Experience in e-learning course design and budget management are desirable
- The ability to project manage initiatives, using technology, relationships and your organisation skills to move projects forward.
What you need to have:
- Qualified to degree level or a Level 5 qualification in HR or L&D or a certified training qualification
- Management, development and talent training
- Designing and supplying a variety of training styles
- Building relationships with external suppliers
- Working with L&D metrics, KPI's and budgets
- Managing stakeholders
- Confident in both written and spoken communication with the ability to present to, and engage, audiences
- Good organisation skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative
- Self-motivated with an ability to demonstrate a can-do approach
- Knowledge of managing apprenticeship programmes
- Experience of compliance qualifications; Fire, First Aid, etc.
What we've got to offer
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
You may have previously worked in the following capacities: Learning & Development or Training Manager, Learning & Development or Training Advisor, HR Manager, HR Advisor, Organisational Design Advisor or Manager
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who could do this job?
In order for you to refer someone to us (including yourself), we need to assign you a unique link. This link is then logged against your details, which we use for paying bounties on successful referral candidates.