Senior Developer (R&D)
We're looking for an experienced PHP developer with fresh ideas to join our ranks. As part of the team, you'll help us deliver some of the most innovative projects on our roadmap and continuously improve the scalability and usability of our eCommerce platform.
We're advocates of efficient code, functional design and frictionless user experience, with a firm belief that companies must 'innovate or die'. The perfect candidate will share our values and be a natural team-player, as we tackle all projects together and frequently collaborate with other departments too.
As well as a competitive salary and major perks such as flexible working and unlimited holidays, we're offering the opportunity to shape the future of our platform, continuously learn new technologies relevant to our strategy, and closely work, learn and knowledge-share with an agile team that has many decades of experience in product development, design and management.
If you fit the bill, we'd love to tell you more about our plans and find out how you can help us realise them.
Department: Research & Development
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience + Visualsoft Benefits Package
Employment Basis: Full-time with the use of flexitime - KPIs will be used to measure outputs
Deadline: 28th February 2018
Referral Bounty: £2000 ?
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the conception, development and delivery of R&D projects
- Write robust, elegant and efficient code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery (and learn other languages and frameworks if required)
- Act as the chief developer on large scale projects where required (with support from R&D Development Lead)
- Collaborate with R&D team members (and other departments where applicable) to pro-actively enrich our platform
- Produce documentation (including technical specifications, setup guidance and user instructions where required)
- Adhere to our established development processes, procedures and standards
- Complete assigned tasks on time and on spec
- Contribute to technical discussions, decisions and R&D strategies
- Carry out regular, relevant research and share findings/insights across the team
- Shadow R&D Development Lead and provide cover in their absence if needed
- Achieve KPIs assigned to role
Skills & Experience
- Commercial experience in developing scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing with Laravel or Lumen frameworks
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Linux and APC
- Experience with OAuth
- Experience with - or aptitude/willingness to learn - Redis, VueJS and Sphinx
- Commercial experience of MVC architecture and modern PHP frameworks
- Prior experience using Git
- Higher level education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience
- Commercial experience of eCommerce platforms such as Magento, Open Cart, etc (preferred, but not essential)
- Knowledge/use of eCommerce-related APIs and services (preferred, but not essential)
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who could do this job?
In order for you to refer someone to us (including yourself), we need to assign you a unique link. This link is then logged against your details, which we use for paying bounties on successful referral candidates.