Senior Developer (R&D)
We're evolving our platform into an API-centric solution and we need passionate PHP Developers to be part of the journey. Working in Lumen / Laravel, you'll help us to build the architecture of our new RESTful API, and ultimately help shape the future of our company. In addition you'll contribute to many other exciting projects on our roadmap including AMP/PWA solutions (that we're working on with Google), AI personalisation, data science, and the continuous improvement of the scalability and usability of our eCommerce platform.
We're advocates of efficient code, functional design and frictionless user experience, with a firm belief that companies must 'innovate or die', and the perfect candidate must share our values. You'll also need to be a team-player, as we tackle all projects together and frequently collaborate with stakeholders.
As well as a competitive salary, flexible working and unlimited holidays, this role gives you the opportunity to build your knowledge and skills, discover and work with new tech, and be part of an agile team that has decades of experience in product development, design and management.
If you want a role that's challenging and rewarding, we'd love to tell you more about our plans and find out how you can help us realise them.
Department: Research & Development
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience + Visualsoft Benefits Package
Employment Basis: Full-time with the use of flexitime - KPIs will be used to measure outputs
Deadline: 30th April 2018
Referral Bounty: £2000 ?
What you'll be doing
- Contributing to the conception, development and delivery of key R&D projects
- Writing robust, elegant and efficient code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery (and learn other languages and frameworks if required)
- Acting as the chief developer on large scale projects where required (with support from R&D Development Lead)
- Collaborating with R&D team members (and other departments where applicable) to proactively enrich our platform and tools
- Producing documentation (including technical specifications, setup guidance and user instructions where required)
- Adhering to our established development processes, procedures and standards
- Completing assigned tasks on time and on spec
- Contributing to technical discussions, decisions and R&D strategies
- Carrying out regular, relevant research in new tech and approaches, and sharing findings/insights across the team
- Shadowing R&D Development Lead and provide cover in their absence if needed
- Achieving KPIs assigned to role
What you need to have
- Commercial experience in developing scalable RESTful APIs
- Experience in developing with Laravel or Lumen frameworks
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Linux and APC
- Experience with - or aptitude/willingness to learn - OAuth, Redis, VueJS and Sphinx
- Commercial experience of MVC architecture and modern PHP frameworks
- Prior experience using Git
- Higher level education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience, with a minimum of 3 years of commercial experience
- Commercial experience of eCommerce platforms such as Magento, Open Cart, etc (preferred, but not essential)
- Knowledge/use of eCommerce-related APIs and services (preferred, but not essential)
What we've got to offer:
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits including:
- Competitive basic salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- Free breakfast, fruit & protein shakes
- Discounts across our brands
- Regular team social events
- Training & development
So if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
A little formality... by applying you implicitly consent to us processing your personal data for review for this vacancy only.
How to Apply:
Fill out the form below and add your current CV and a cover letter. We think the cover letter is so important, so use it to give us your best elevator pitch! Share your expertise and experience and tell us why you're the perfect fit for our team!
We regret that, due to high competition for roles at Visualsoft, we are only able to contact successful candidates. If you don't hear from a member of our team within 28 working days of submission, you have not been successful on this occasion.
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who could do this job?
In order for you to refer someone to us (including yourself), we need to assign you a unique link. This link is then logged against your details, which we use for paying bounties on successful referral candidates.