- Department: Web Development
- Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 + Benefits, Including Flexi-time & Unlimited Holidays
- Employment Basis: Permanent with Flexitime - KPIs will be used to measure outputs
- Location: Newcastle, Teesside
- Referral Bounty: £2000 ?
We're currently looking for PHP Developers to expand our existing PHP teams and help us support and grow our existing eCommerce platform. We need problem-solvers, so the ability to investigate, understand and resolve issues is essential (whether working alone or as part of a team effort), as well as strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Working alongside the Team Leader and Senior Developers, you'll be expected to provide support to our existing customers, as well as develop new features and complete bespoke projects following detailed specifications. The Development department is highly collaborative so strong communication skills and an inclination toward teamwork are a must.
The ideal candidate must have an excellent understanding of object orientated PHP5 within MVC frameworks, MySQL, and jQuery. As a minimum requirement you will need three years of commercial experience.
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and outstanding benefits (including a pension scheme, unlimited holidays, flexitime, flexible working, free breakfasts, subsidised gym membership, free protein shakes, company nights out and free branded clothing) so if you think you've got what it takes to join one of the UK's leading eCommerce providers, we'd love to hear from you.
- Develop new features for the vscommerce platforms
- Identify and suggest upon key areas of improvement throughout the systems
- Support existing and new developments
Skills & Experience
- Significant knowledge of OOP PHP5 development
- Experience with MySQL and database design
- Use of MVC Frameworks
- Ability to solve complex tasks
- Prior experience using git
- Passionate about development
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Capacity and willingness to learn
- Ability to communicate to peers
- Ability to work to set timescales
- Happy and confident to work as part of a team but also as an individual
- Able to find answers on our own but also know when you need to ask questions
- Experience with eCommerce
Make a Referral
Do you know someone who could do this job?
In order for you to refer someone to us (including yourself), we need to assign you a unique link. This link is then logged against your details, which we use for paying bounties on successful referral candidates.